Goals and Objectives
The Institute of Graduate Studies and Research in tandem with the Dr. Cesar A. Villariba Research and Knowledge Management Institute aims to upgrade the capacities of education, business, engineering, IT, criminology, public administration and management professionals to make positive contributions to research and practice.
OBJECTIVES OF THE INSTITUTE
The objectives of the IGSR in tandem with the DCAVRKMI are
- to raise the students’ expertise level in their area of specialization;
- to train value-laden entrepreneurs, consultants and specialists in education, business, engineering, IT, criminology, public administration and management who can analyze problems and offer solutions in their areas of specialization; and
- to produce, validate, apply and utilize new knowledge in the practice of the professions.
Aside from the objectives stated above, the institution is committed
- To upgrade university governance and resource generation.
- To mobilize for the 21st century and make our programs globally competitive.
- To become a model of academic excellence and values-centered education;
- To be a catalyst in pursuit of social change, sustainable development and social justice;
- To help raise the quality of life of the citizenry;
- To utilize applicable research findings for the upliftment of the livelihood of urban and rural poor;
- To help train and professionalize government, NGO, and GO personnel in public service;
- To help enlighten public opinion on current issues to develop critical thinking among the citizenry;
- To help in the development of a mature citizenry who are capable of making critical decisions for themselves and for the country, and
- To the preservation and enrichment of Filipino culture and history.